If you want to import a vehicle, legally, contact: ImportAVehicle.com

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Evo 6.5 California Registration

Here is an email I received recently :

"I have a 200 EVO 6.5 here in California. I'm trying to transfer the Florida title to California, but the CHP is having a hard time with the Japanese VIN. I have no clue what to do, and they wanted to
impound my car. Thankfully, they let me drive home, and now I'm trying to figure out how to prove to them what this car is so I can register it. Can you help at all?"
Its not a legal car for the US. Florida, anything can be registered for money. However you are not in Florida. It is very difficult to register cars in California. People do it, some people get around the rules and regulations though different methods. Thats very ambiguous, but thats about as information filled as I get for free.



You could contact an RI and tell them your story. They will tell you how much it will cost to make the car compliant with the all applicable FMVSS and then you get a stupid sticker for it. You also need to install an OBD-II system from an American EVO, and have the RI contact the EPA for emissions testing, so it can be ultimately cleared for import into the United States, get the sticker, and you call it a day.

Sean Morris said...

First off, this car is not on the list of approved vehicles, so an RI would have to petition it. You are talking $150,000 and up for them to try and get it done.

Emissions, no OBD II on that car, you would have to devlop a system for it. Think $50,000 and up.

This car, because of the US rules and regulations is not possible to register in California.

© Copyright by Vehicle Import and Car Importing FAQ  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial