If you want to import a vehicle, legally, contact: ImportAVehicle.com

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Can I Have Two VIN's On My Car or a VIN That Does Not Meet NHTSA's Requirements?

Vehicles over 25 years old are not required to meet FMVSS standards. Vehicles over 21 years old are exempt from EPA requirements in original configuration. This handles the import side. Each state handles title and registration. They may have some specific title requirements, but please read this newsletter from the NHTSA before they "assign" a VIN to your vehicle. At a state DMV it is easier for the person at the desk to deny you, than help you. So keep this in mind when trying to register cars over 25 years old.

For more information about legal 25 year old vehicle import, check us out on Facebook

Read more


© Copyright by Vehicle Import and Car Importing FAQ  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial